Thursday, June 11, 2009

J.P. Morgan Chase Corporate Challenge

I Bet You Look Good On The Dancefloor -- Arctic Monkeys
Pieces Of Me -- Ashlee Simpson
Tones of Home -- Blind Melon
Bohemian Like You -- The Dandy Warhols
Soul Meets Body -- Death Cab for Cutie
Know Your Enemy -- Green Day
The Distance -- Cake
**E-Pro -- Beck
Transistor -- 311
Dear Sons And Daughters Of Hungry Ghosts -- Wolf Parade
This Is Such A Pity -- Weezer
Hail, Hail -- Pearl Jam
Tremor Christ -- Pearl Jam
Satan's Bed -- Pearl Jam
Never There -- Cake
Bleed It Out -- Linkin Park
Waking Up in Vegas -- Katy Perry

This was my first road race since the debacle of the Lewis and Clark Half Marathon in September (torrential downpour, winds straight-on for the first 3 miles, course stopped at mile 10 due to flooding). In real life, I never run by mileage; I always run by time, assuming a 10-minute mile. I probably actually run closer to a 9:30 or 9:45, but I'd rather run for 60 minutes and call it a 6 miler. Makes life easier.

I'm pretty excited that I set a PR for 3.5 miles. Officially (and by that I mean according to my stopwatch, since the race didn't keep official time via chip or bib), I ran this in 31:34 -- a 9-minute mile. But because this was a Fun Run, the first mile or so was MUCH slower than I would have and could normally run; everyone was pushing, stuck behind walkers and joggers, and weaving in and out. So I'd like to think I easily ran sub-9-minute miles, which makes me very pleased.

**My powersong. Thanks, Beck.

Also, I usually have WAY more songs on my playlists than I fully listen to. I'll create my list and then >> after a minute or two or just skip if I'm not feeling it.

No comments:

Post a Comment