Monday, July 13, 2009

6 Miles through Cambridge

Disturbia -- Rihanna
Crazy Little Thing Called Love -- Queen
So What -- Pink
Icky Thump -- The White Stripes
Aside -- The Weakerthans
No You Girls -- Franz Ferdinand
I Come from the Water -- Toadies
Wrong Way -- Sublime
*King of Pain -- The Police
Baby Got Back -- Sir Mix-a-Lot
Cold Hearted Snake -- Paula Abdul
To Be With You -- Mr. Big
Poker Face -- Lady Gaga
My Life Would Suck Without You -- Kelly Clarkson
Minority -- Green Day

There was no way I was going to Boston for a long weekend without getting a run in. I enjoyed a lovely Cambridge jog from Kendall Square, down Mass Ave. to Harvard Square, over to Memorial Drive, and then along the river until I hit the Longfellow Bridge and turned back to Kendall. To fill it out, I then ran to my beloved Kendall Square Cinemas and then back to the hotel.

Sorry, dear readers, that I could't get my act together enough to make a Boston-themed playlist. Had I planned better, you surely would have been treated to some great Bosstones running songs, maybe even a little Aerosmith, "Love in an Elevator," perhaps even "More Than a Feeling." Alas, all I have for you is random shuffle. But it was a great run and Boston is as lovely as ever.

*This has a fanTAStic running beat. I'm not depressed or anything, but I can see how if you are, this would make for a cathartic, if not also amusing, run.

No comments:

Post a Comment