Saturday, June 27, 2009

10K and MJ

*Will You Be There -- Michael Jackson
Man In The Mirror -- Michael Jackson
ABC -- Jackson 5
I Want You Back -- Jackson 5
**Cry -- Dan Wilson
Breathless -- Dan Wilson
Do You Really Want Me -- Salt 'n' Pepa
Accidentally in Love -- Counting Crows
Monkey -- Counting Crows
Die Alone -- Ingrid Michaelson
Comedown -- Bush
Genie in a Bottle -- Christina Aguilera
Regret -- New Order
Strange Condition -- Pete Yorn
Supernatural Superserious -- R.E.M.
If I Am A Stranger -- Ryan Adams
Waiting For You -- Seal

*I'm sure a bunch of the runners I passed last night had MJ blasting, too. And yeah yeah, out of all the songs to pick, Free Willy?! I hadn't heard it in years, so it was a nice nostalgia moment when it came on.

**I started listening to Dan Wilson after we saw him open for the lovely and amazing Kathleen Edwards last year at Irving Plaza. For the majority of his set, his familiar voice was driving me batty -- who WAS he? Where had I heard that voice before, damnit?? Then he wanted to tell us the line that inspired the hit we might know, a line that wrote the rest of the song about the birth of his child.

"Every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end."

OH YEAAAH!

His solo stuff is filled with the intimate, melancholy love songs that make you happy and sad all at once. I love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment