Tuesday, June 23, 2009

7.5, Almost a New Champion

Paper Planes -- MIA
I Could Break Your Heart Any Day of the Week -- Mandy Moore
Give Me Novacaine -- Green Day
Got You (Where I Want You) -- The Flys
Bleed It Out -- Linkin Park
*Trouble -- Pink
The Best Of What's Around -- Dave Matthews Band
Take Me Home Tonight -- Eddie Money
Ulysses -- Franz Ferdinand
No You Girls -- Franz Ferdinand
Feel Good Inc -- Gorillaz
Jesus Of Suburbia -- Green Day
Fill It Up Again -- Indigo Girls
Girlfriend -- Matthew Sweet
I Just Want The Girl In The Blue Dress To Keep On Dancin' -- Mike Doughty
Mistaken For Strangers -- The National
The District Sleeps Alone Tonight -- The Postal Service

One upside of the gloomy weather -- the nice cool sprinkle that's been falling on every run for the past two weeks. I won't miss carrying an umbrella everywhere I go, but I will long for a heat that's not oppressive and migraine-inducing. I know it's coming soon.

Just in case anyone doubted it, the gradual incline of Union Street, from Nevins to about Court, is oh so much more fun while going down. I usually find myself running back home up that hill, but today I took another route to Park Slope. During my glorious decline, I remembered not to enjoy it TOO much; the easier it is going down, the harder it is going up. I can will Brooklyn's streets into changing, you know.

*This almost displaced Eddie Money over there on the sidebar. Pink is an awesome running buddy. But then Mr. Money kicked in and I was pretty much singing out loud. He's still king for now.

1 comment:

  1. Paper Planes -- MIA

    ... I even got my mom into this song. Goodness.

    ReplyDelete