Sunday, June 21, 2009

Sickety Sick Sick

You Are A Runner And I Am My Father's Son -- Wolf Parade
Clint Eastwood -- Gorillaz
Got You (Where I Want You) -- The Flys
*One Thing -- Amerie
**I Could Break Your Heart Any Day of the Week -- Mandy Moore
L.E.S. Artists -- Santogold
When You Were Young -- The Killers
***Smile Like You Mean It -- The Killers
Last Exit -- Pearl Jam
When I'm Gone (Sadie) -- No Address
Don't Change -- INXS
Rock and Roll Heaven's Gate -- Indigo Girls
Give Me Novacaine -- Green Day

Bah, one of the worst runs I've had in a while. Plodding, heavy, draggy. I planned to do anywhere from 6-8, but just stopped in the middle of Carroll Gardens after 4. Disappointing, because I can always push through the "But I don't WANNA run anymore!" feeling, but not yesterday. As it turns out, I'm sick. Boo. After 12 hours of sleep, I've promised Jeff I won't run today. Fine.

*I first downloaded this song after reading it on a few "Top 10 Summer Songs" lists a few years ago. A few listens, a few "meh"s, and I deleted it. It just didn't jive for me. Then, last week, Idolator introduced me to this awesome decade countdown of the best songs. Downloaded it again, tried it again, and... meh. It just doesn't get me going at all.

**My, this is a cute little ditty, isn't it?

***This is so by far the best song on Hot Fuss, right?

1 comment:

  1. Looove running to the Killers. Anything off Sam's Town especially.

    ReplyDelete