Thursday, June 18, 2009

Who'll Stop the Rain?

Umbrella (feat. Jay-Z) -- Rihanna
Red Rain -- The White Stripes
After The Rain -- Nelson
Rain King -- Counting Crows
Only Happy When It Rains -- Garbage
The Rain (Supa Dupa Fly) -- Missy Elliott
Lord Let It Rain On Me -- Spiritualized
*Blame It On The Rain -- Milli Vanilli
So. Central Rain -- R.E.M.
Weatherman -- Kris Delmhorst
**Don't Drink the Water -- Dave Matthews Band
I Come From The Water -- Toadies
***Beauty Of Gray -- Live
Shades of Grey -- Billy Joel
Grey Street -- Dave Matthews Band
Summer Long -- Kathleen Edwards

*Gotta blame it on something.

**Surprising powersong. I got into a groove when this came on. My knees stopped hurting, my breath slowed; I felt like I was skating, arms wide, world passing by slowly.

*** Bah. I really liked Live in high school. And now I just really... don't. Active dislike than neutral, even, which is strange because I'm obviously not one to outgrow or shun the music of my youth. But I don't even enjoy them anymore in a nostalgic Collective Soul/Soul Asylum/Wallflowers kind of way. It all seemed so deep and mystical in 1994, which just embarrasses the hell out of me now.

1 comment:

  1. Toadies - Rubberneck really is amazing stuff to this day. Yes and yes.

    ReplyDelete