Thursday, July 2, 2009

6 Miles of Babbo Pain

Smokers Outside The Hospital Doors -- Editors
Father Figure -- George Michael
Hey Jealousy -- Gin Blossoms
2,000 Light Years Away -- Green Day
Walking On Broken Glass -- Annie Lennox
Everything's Just Wonderful -- Lily Allen
Shame on You -- Indigo Girls
In The Closet -- Michael Jackson
**Love Will Never Do (Without You) -- Janet Jackson
Smile -- Lily Allen
Better Things (live) -- Dar Williams
As Cool As I Am (live) -- Dar Williams
Die Alone -- Ingrid Michaelson
Hand On My Heart -- Dan Wilson
Against History -- Dan Wilson
Great Escape -- Guster

When you have a gift certificate to Babbo, you go all out. When you order an 8-course pasta tasting meal (pappardelle with peas! beet/ricotta ravioli! pyramids of braised beef! cherry tart with mint ice cream! and on! and on!) that only takes up a little more than half of what you can spend, you fill out the rest of your meal with cocktails (a rhubarb bellini!) and wine.

My tender lil' tummy, which never leaves the house, was all, "dude, that's a lot of alcohol (and not to mention food), missy." She was still VERY VERY angry with me on Wednesday. I thought it would end by the afternoon, but no, come running time everything was all askew inside my body. Body be damned! I was running!

This was a painful 6 miles in every way. But complete. Ugh.

**Janet's best, obvi.

One time I was at the gym and this came on VH1. Looking around the room, I saw everyone's personal TV turn to it, one by one. You can't look away. Hi, Antonio! Hi, Djimon Hounsou!

1 comment:

  1. Father Figure -- George Michael

    ... leaves me wondering, whyyyyy don't I have this on my ipod?

    ReplyDelete